Free Business Listing
With a free business listing, a common question we get is, “Is TopLocal just a directory website?”
TopLocal.org is much more than a directory site. In fact, the directory site is just a small part of what TopLocal is.
- Exclusive free business listing, one per category per zip code
- Dynamic PDF business guide with you on the cover
- A team of writers to help drive traffic
- Business building content where you can learn for free
TopLocal.org is a grass-roots movement to help locally-owned businesses develop a non-competing group of business owners in a particular zip code to increase traffic and sales.
We provide each member with a dynamically updated zip-code-specific guide you can download at the touch of a button, and print, with your business on the cover, and your zipcode group listed inside.
As you and your local zipcode group hand out the guide to consumers, it helps the consumer spot locally-owned businesses quickly and to support them instead of corporate “big box” stores. It encourages business owners to promote and build their local group, increasing their warm-market reach with each new member inside their group.
The free plan will always be free.
Future Plans will add geotargeting and geofencing technology. More on this later…
As a small business owner, or self-employed professional, you can’t touch the power of “big box” corporate advertising budgets.
Top Local can give you locally distributed print advertising for pennies on the dollar, and touch warm referral markets no other print advertising can touch.
If we could show you how to cheaply reach 60,000 local consumers per year, would you listen?
- A grassroots movement to promote locally-owned small business growth.
- An advertising co-op only for locally owned small businesses and self-employed professionals.
- Exclusive business listings, one per category per zip code.
- A dynamic, local, and growing print advertising distribution team.
- Exclusive area business guide, featuring your business on the cover, generated on demand.
- An effective, passive, warm market referral machine.
- A local networking group of business professionals striving to become more profitable.
- Targeted ads based on consumer geographic location.
- Powerful local SEO rocket fuel.
- No competition!
- First, you secure your spot in one category for your zip code. If your category doesn’t exist, let us know and we may be able to make adjustments.
- Next, you print and distribute a minimum of 50 Top Local business guides to your customers each month. Your guide features your business on the cover, so you’ll want to hand it out to all of your customers. And so will the rest of your zip code group, expanding your warm-market advertising!
- Finally, you reap the rewards, growing over time, from the personal distribution of the entire zip code group, reaching thousands of local consumers per month. These will be in the hands of the very people you see in your area. You’ll be cultivating a customer base in your area, which will perpetuate further business for you.
*EXPERT TIP: Proactively promote your local group to other locally owned business owners, and self-employed professionals, to maximize your print advertising distribution. Each member prints and distributes 50 guides per month to their customers. So, for every new member in your zip code, you’ll increase your guide distribution by 600 per year!
The average group size grows to 100 local business members, each distributing a minimum of 50 guides per month. For a group of 100 local businesses, your advertising reaches 5000 people per month. That’s 60,000 printed guides, distributed in your local area, per year! You would pay over $60,000 for a postcard mailer to that many people.